Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Thankful

Everyday I am thankful for the family I have and people I get to meet. 

This past week the kids and I got to come down to Moreno Valley and spend some much welcomed time with the grandparents. Actually Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, Papa Great-Grandma, Great Grandma and Great Grandpa. And all the Uncles and Aunts and Great Uncles and Aunts. 

This makes me thankful.

I have had the opportunity to create and bounce ideas off my mom. She started my education in crafting and has nurtured my interest. I love getting to share what I am doing and see what she has going on. Being 5 hours away normally we Skype all we can but it is not the same. 

This makes me thankful.

This week a friend of my mother-in-laws found out that her granddaughter, Micaela has leukemia. She is almost two and it was a total surprise. This makes me hug my babies and thank God they are healthy. 

This makes me thankful. 

Because they have started Chemo, Micaela will starting loosing her hair. Her Grandma asked me to if I could make her a hat since it is getting cold. It was an honor to be asked and my pleasure to provide some comfort to a brave little girl and take part in her experience. 

This makes me thankful. 

Here is a few shots of Micaela's hat and leg warmers. Purple Polar Fleece with a few clips to change out depending on her style mood for the day. When designing this hat I wanted to make it possible for her to use the clips after she is finished with Chemo and her hair comes back in.



 


I have had the pattern sitting in my craft room and it was fun to get to work on it with my mom and can't wait to see little Micaela in it.

We will keep her in our prayers and are thankful for each day.

No comments: